Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a program for all Minnesota families with children between the ages of birth to kindergarten. ECFE is based on the idea that parents are a child’s first and most important teachers. ECFE’s goal is to enhance the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for their child’s learning and growth.
- To strengthen and support the well-being of families within Independent School District (ISD) #181 communities.
- To provide parents with opportunities to develop knowledge and skills.
- To provide meaningful activities and an enriched environment where children (age 0-5yrs) can explore, create and learn.
- To offer families opportunities to develop social networks.
- To connect families to additional community resources.
- To identify children with special learning needs.
- To have fun and make family life better.
- Weekly parent & child classes
- Special events
- Open-play days
- Family resource library